[council] [EXTERNAL] Fwd: Action Items: GNSO Council meeting 26 April 2018

Austin, Donna Donna.Austin at team.neustar
Thu May 3 15:05:59 UTC 2018

Heather, all

I do have concerns that what we will get from the Board, based on Cherine’s description in his email:  A temporary specification for the implementation of an interim model. The temporary specification is being developed to respond to an EU regulation that runs contrary to ICANN’s WHOIS requirements. As we know the GNSO develops policy and this is followed by an Implementation Review Team. It seems to me that what the Council will receive is a we will likely get a mix of both and perhaps we should factor into our thinking a conversation with the Board to understand the temporary specification.

Thanks

Donna