[council] Reminder - Re: Call for volunteers - drafting team to develop proposed Council input on the Initial Report on the review of the Customer Standing Committee (CSC) Charter

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Tue May 15 21:20:37 UTC 2018

Just in case this got lost over the weekend ☺

From: council <council-bounces at gnso.icann.org> on behalf of Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org>
Date: Friday, May 11, 2018 at 10:06
To: "council at gnso.icann.org" <council at gnso.icann.org>
Subject: [council] Call for volunteers - drafting team to develop proposed Council input on the Initial Report on the review of the Customer Standing Committee (CSC) Charter

Dear All,

As discussed during the last Council meetings, volunteers are requested to develop a draft comment for Council consideration concerning the Initial Report on Review of the Customer Standing Committee (CSC) Charter. As a reminder, The CSC Charter review team (RT) seek comment and input on its findings and proposed amendment of the CSC Charter, as included in the RT's Initial Report.  According to the ICANN Bylaws (Section 17.3 (c)) and reflected in the CSC Charter, the ccNSO and RySG are required to review the CSC Charter one year after the first meeting of the CSC to consider whether the Charter is adequate and provides a sound basis for the CSC to perform their responsibilities as envisioned in the development of the IANA Transition Proposal. Taking into account comments received, the Review Team will then prepare a Final Report for consideration and adoption by the ccNSO and GNSO Councils. The Amended Charter will become effective following the adoption of the Final report. The deadline for comments is 1 June. For further information, please see https://www.icann.org/public-comments/csc-charter-rt-initial-2018-04-11-en [icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_public-2Dcomments_csc-2Dcharter-2Drt-2Dinitial-2D2018-2D04-2D11-2Den&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=mcNTnUBNVJH9GsbO3pdtWiupLdYvXsMNZxv2U2ZpkLE&s=envYri-acrE5lKYw2mnHLOSFyWp0jH4GN0U3_u6zPNc&e=>. Rafik has kindly volunteered to take the lead on this effort from the Council leadership team. If you are interested to volunteer, please let us know.

Best regards,

Marika

Marika Konings
Vice President, Policy Development Support – GNSO, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>

Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses [learn.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__learn.icann.org_courses_gnso&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=mcNTnUBNVJH9GsbO3pdtWiupLdYvXsMNZxv2U2ZpkLE&s=xdGOyetZmA_utH0I5wyiATGuWANm0MIJ7x7f74cwuy8&e=> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages [gnso.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=mcNTnUBNVJH9GsbO3pdtWiupLdYvXsMNZxv2U2ZpkLE&s=w_SOYfptp8sg-RTqWmkuat3HHwJWS_UcjOfzQ23mdZ4&e=>.