[council] Action Items: GNSO Council meeting 24 May 2018
nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue May 29 23:13:06 UTC 2018
Please find the action items, as stated during the meeting, below arising from the GNSO Council meeting held on Thursday 24 May 2018. Please take note of the action items coming out of the Council sessions and the proposed timing for delivering on these actions.
Please ensure your wiki logins are up to date as all Action Items have been assigned to councilors and/or staff and posted on the Action Item wiki page here[community.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_RgZlAg&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=3-hGIGNPG_MVccHXahT9lk8qFDbuDuo_wwbRzKZZQGg&s=do3fZzjIln0Jwcx8qKogeUnOo6PFhu4TNs9Q0S7YzIs&e=>. If you are logged into the wiki when you go to that page, your name will be highlighted alongside the action item assigned to you. Please refer to this page for the recent status updates on the Action items.
ACTION ITEMS FROM THE GNSO COUNCIL MEETING 24 MAY 2018
Item 2. Opening Remarks / Review of Projects & Action Items List
* Council Leadership to prepare note of thanks for Chuck Gomes for his work on the gTLD Registration Data Services PDP, as well as his overall contributions to the GNSO.
* Council Leadership to prepare note of thanks for Phil Corwin for his work on the IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms PDP.
* Council Leadership to prepare note of thanks for J. Scott Evans for his work on the Review of All Rights Protection Mechanisms in All gTLDs PDP.
Item 3. Consent Agenda
* Motions passed unanimously by voice vote.
* ICANN Staff to communicate Council approval of the appointment of Brian Beckham as an additional co-chair for the Review of All Rights Protection Mechanisms in All gTLDs Policy Development Process Working Group.
Item 4: COUNCIL VOTE – Adoption of Revised Charter for the GNSO Standing Selection Committee (SSC)
* Motion passed unanimously by voice vote.
* ICANN Staff to send the updated Charter to the Stakeholder Groups/Constituencies and Nominating Committee (NomCom) appointees on the GNSO Council and remind SG/Cs/NomCom appointees that they should reconfirm their SSC representatives within three weeks following the 2018 Annual General Meeting.
* Council Leadership to confirm at its earliest convenience whether a member of the GNSO Council leadership team will serve as an ex-officio member of the SSC and communicate this decision to the SSC.
Item 5: UPDATE – IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms
* Susan Kawaguchi and Heather Forrest to prepare report on the usage of the 3.7 Appeal Process contained in the GNSO Operating Procedure that is intended to capture the process used and lessons learned.
Item 6: UPDATE – Review of the Customer Standing Committee (CSC) Charter
* Councilors to review draft comments on the “Review of the Customer Standing Committee (CSC) Charter” and provide suggested edits.
* Rafik Dammak to submit comments on behalf of Council, on the basis of non-objection, by 1 June deadline.
Item 7: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – Short-Term and Long-Term Options to Adjust the Timeline for Specific Reviews
* Council to determine next steps, which could include 1) requesting Q&A with MSSI; 2) convening a drafting team and drafting a letter, and/or; 3) filing a public comment to one or both of the short-term and long-term public comment proceedings.
Item 8: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – Next steps following adoption of ICANN Board Temporary Specification
* ICANN Staff to create Google Doc to capture input from Councilors and their respective SG/Cs about what should be discussed in meeting with the ICANN Board.
* By 1 June, Councilors to seek input from their respective SG/Cs to determine what they believe should be discussed in meeting the with the ICANN Board, and enter the information in the Google Doc created.
* ICANN Staff to schedule meeting with the Board to take place shortly after 1 June.
* ICANN Staff to create doodle poll to schedule extraordinary meeting on or around 14 June.
* RDS PDP Leadership to prepare post mortem on what took place in the PDP
Manager, Operations Support (GNSO)
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: nathalie.peregrine at icann.org <nathalie.peregrine at icann.org%20>
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<applewebdata://EB3A6F47-9760-400D-A39B-A7EFFC56B467/learn.icann.org/courses/gnso> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DgMFAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=-d9m4sr16OXloyLjz4TF6npbe51hgE0EHtoX1U6WUOA&s=Bw2Uzbh2Pu1X0lObLtbwtN5ZNEP3ECdPAfcqzVvIOYE&e=>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council