[council] Fwd: [Ext] Re: GNSO Council comment - CCWG Auction Proceeds
emily.barabas at icann.org
Tue Nov 27 20:06:40 UTC 2018
Please note that the public comment period for Initial Report of the new gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG (https://www.icann.org/public-comments/new-gtld-auction-proceeds-initial-2018-10-08-en) has been extended to 11 December. The announcement about this extension is available here: https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2018-11-27-en.
Can everyone kindly assist in sharing information about this two-week extension to your respective groups?
From: council <council-bounces at gnso.icann.org> on behalf of Erika Mann <erika at erikamann.com>
Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 6:17 AM
To: "GNSO Council List (council at gnso.icann.org)" <council at gnso.icann.org>
Subject: [council] Fwd: [Ext] Re: GNSO Council comment - CCWG Auction Proceeds
During our wrap up session at ICANN63, I had committed to share with you some further thoughts in relation to whether the Council should consider submitting input to the public comment forum on the Initial Report of the new gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG. Unless there are any specific concerns or issues in the Initial Report that the Council believe should be flagged from a Council perspective, I would like to suggest that the Council submit a short note thanking the CCWG for its efforts, welcoming the Initial Report and noting that GNSO SG/Cs have been encouraged to provide input on the Initial Report. I would be happy to draft something if you would support this course of action. Do note that the public comment forum closes on 27 November so any statement would need to be agreed on via the mailing list as soon as possible.
Similarly, the Council discussed the recent Board decision to allocate part of the auction proceeds to the reserve fund. Staff kindly followed up with further information in relation to this decision (https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/2018-October/021987.html) as requested. I am not sure whether there is a further desire to discuss this issue and/or consider undertaking potential action, but I would suggest that this is considered separately from the new gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG as it is not within its remit to reconsider or change the Board action.
I look forward to receiving your feedback,
erika at erikamann.com<mailto:erika at erikamann.com>
+32 498 121354
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council