[council] Update re Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Implementation

Darcy Southwell darcy.southwell at endurance.com
Sat Oct 20 05:16:20 UTC 2018

All,

Below is the latest update on this IRT.  I believe ICANN staff will cover
this in our Sunday working session at 10:30.  The IRT is scheduled to meet
in Barcelona on October 24 to discuss IRT members' feedback about this new
approach.

The other open item for this IRT is the issue of privacy/proxy
registrations and IRTP Part C as outlined in the annex to the GNSO Council
letter (see
https://gnso.icann.org/en/correspondence/bladel-to-crocker-01dec16-en.pdf).
This was referred to the IRT in December 2017 and was intended to be
addressed following publication of the IRT's Initial Report.  I expect
staff will want to consider if this work should be moved up given the
latest update.

Best,
Darcy