[council] GNSO Chair Report 2018

Carlos Raul Gutierrez carlosraul at gutierrez.se
Sun Oct 21 06:27:05 UTC 2018

Thank you very much for this great year Heather!

Thank as well to Donna and Rafik.

As always you have been shy of remembering successes, like setting up
the ePDP in no time and getting it to start during the northerly summer
period. That was amazing! PDP 3.0 has also set the right framework for
what the council is already facing in terms of adapting its procedures
to the ever growing pressure of the wider  multi-SO/AC composition of
PDPs, being tested today in the ePDP and the WT5. Risks vs Opportunities
for the GNSO Council as the (single?) policy making body? Certainly we
look forward to a very challenging discussion end of January in Los
Angeles on this developments and I hope you and Donna will be there with
us and help us with your wisdom and experience.

In terms of schedule, I agree with you that the rotation has been less
than optimal. In my view, one of the best argument to keep the
headquarters in a US Western State was to keep that balance. But somehow
it doesn't count at the moment to set up calling hours, because very few
people actually live there. Increasing volunteer fatigue is the only
clear result so far.

Congratulations for your great work.

---
Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez