[council] Fwd: [So-ac-sg-cleaders] ICANN63 Barcelona - Questions from the ICANN Board - Constituencies Sessions

Heather Forrest haforrestesq at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 12:21:03 UTC 2018

Dear Council colleagues,

As ICANN63 rapidly approaches and we turn our minds to the details of
agendas, please see the two questions below that the Board has asked SO/ACs
to consider in preparation.

Main priorities in 2019 are at this stage rather unformed; the incoming
2018/19 Council will want to identify and drive these efforts, so the
request is for our SO rather premature. That said, we can offer some
insight on the opportunity of a second Strategic Planning Session, and
upcoming milestones in the EPDP, SubPro and RPM PDPs.

Multistakeholder model future development links very neatly to our PDP3.0
project, which itself has its origin in the Strategic Planning Session
(here I'm thinking of our "scary spreadsheet" of everything on the GNSO's
to-do list in 2018, which has become a model for other SO/ACs in strategic
planning). I am hopeful that our PDP3.0 efforts were on the Board's mind
when sending this question around.

We need to capture in return our questions for the Board, so this email can
serve as the kick off for that discussion. Note the deadline for
notification is the Monday immediately following next week's GNSO Council
meeting, so time is tight.

Best wishes to all, and happy Friday,

Heather