[council] Loss of Adobe Connect

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Thu Apr 4 10:18:45 UTC 2019

Dear all,

[ICANN has announced](https://www.icann.org/news/blog/transitioning-icann-s-remote-participation-platform-to-zoom) that it will be rapidly transitioning away from the Adobe Connect platform to Zoom. I am not sure if there was consultation with other parts of the community, or if there is support for this decision, but I was hoping to hear from other Councillors as to whether or not they thought this decision would have implications on our work. I have used Zoom before and found the platform's interface to not be particularly intuitive, so I am worried. Perhaps someone could put me at ease that this will not be a consequential change. Thanks.

Best wishes,

Ayden