[council] Fwd: Fellowships for ICANN65 Marrakech - Update

Elsa S elsa.saade at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 18:19:30 UTC 2019

Thanks Rafik for the follow up. I think the selection criteria look good,
however I wonder what will make anyone be sure of the criteria being met?

In that spirit, I’ll ask the following:

1. Does the GNSO Council plan on providing a list of required ICANN Learn
courses/basic GNSO Council material such as the ones that were shared with
us at the SPS for instance? This would help anyone applying get guided
through the needed documents, unless we expect them to collect the
documents themselves. And this process i think would help us materialize
the kind of knowledge we think is required as a baseline. (Checklist being
met - helps us evaluate, and helps the prospective fellow understand what’s
expected of them to know).

2. Concerning the point about being aware of the issues being discussed at
the moment in the community, we should take into consideration that there
are two types of fellows, those who have been in the space before and those
who haven’t at all but could have great potential (maybe this should be
calculated into the criteria too - or is it not the case anymore in the new
fellowship program structure?)

3. Will this be reviewed at some point after the requirements of all SO/ACs
are submitted?

Thanks again,

Elsa
—