[council] pre-IRT liaison for Registration Data Policy Implementation (EPDP Phase 1)

Dennis Chang dennis.chang at icann.org
Tue Apr 16 18:10:24 UTC 2019

Dear GNSO Council,

The EPDP Phase 1 Implementation, now called Registration Data Policy Implementation, requests the GNSO Council to consider assigning a liaison to the pre-IRT as an option.

We had our first pre-IRT call last week. As we were discussing the role of the pre-IRT and how it would differ from the IRT, the subject of the GNSO Council Liaison came up. As you know, the IRT requires a liaison, but for the pre-IRT, we did not make this a requirement for expediency.

Some of members of the pre-IRT suggested that the GNSO Council should consider assigning a member of the council to join the pre-IRT. As we expect the pre-IRT to transition as a team to the IRT, it would make for an efficient transition. Therefore, we decided to make the liaison role an option for the GNSO Council.

If the GNSO Council wishes to assign a liaison, please have that member follow the instructions provided in the Call for Pre-IRT now posted on the pre-IRT wiki. https://community.icann.org/display/RDPIPRP/Registration+Data+Policy+Implementation+Pre-IRT+Call+for+Volunteers

The implementation team appreciates the support of the GNSO Council.

—
Kind Regards,
Dennis S. Chang
GDD Services & Engagement Program Director
Telephone: +1 213 293 7889
Skype: dennisSchang
www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org>