[council] Letter from Marby Re: Timing of the Final Report of the Expedited Policy Development Process (EPDP) on the Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data.

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Tue Feb 5 14:00:04 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Last Tuesday, the GNSO Council Leadership and EPDP Leadership held a joint call to discuss timing and progress of the EPDP WG and planning for Council consideration and our vote on the Final Report.

Following that call, I requested feedback from ICANN on the timing required for public comment and Board consideration, with an eye toward finding some extra time for the WG if needed. Attached is the response from Goran, which provides the potential for an additional 2 weeks for the EPDP to finalize its work, assess levels of consensus, and ensure the SG/Cs and other groups can consider a stable document before the Final Report is delivered to the Council for action.

I have communicated this to Kurt (copied here) and I believe he will discuss this with the EPDP WG during today’s plenary call. If all goes according to plan, the GNSO Council will have two opportunities to vote – first, during our 21 February regular meeting, or during a 4 March special meeting, if needed.

Thanks and regards,

Keith

Begin forwarded message: