[council] FW: NomCom Review: Major Milestone

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Mon Jan 7 21:51:35 UTC 2019

For your information, please see below.

Best regards,

Marika

From: Lars HOFFMANN <lars.hoffmann at icann.org>
Date: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 16:11
To: "Kdrazek at verisign.com" <kdrazek at verisign.com>
Subject: NomCom Review: Major Milestone

Message sent on behalf of NomCom Implementation Planning Team co-Chairs, Tom Barrett and Cheryl Langdon-Orr.

Dear Keith,

This is to inform you that on 13 December 2018 the NomCom Implementation Planning Team<https://community.icann.org/x/3wBpBQ> (IPT) approved, with full consensus, its Feasibility Assessment and Initial Implementation Plan<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/90767583/NomCom2ReviewFAIIP.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1544821106000&api=v2> (FAIIP). We note that the IPT accepted all 27 recommendations contained in the final report<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/nomcom-review-final-05jun18-en.pdf> – with a few minor amendments to four of them (Rec #15 (p.56), Rec #24 (p.89), Rec #25 (p.93), Rec #27 (p.101) in the attached FAIIP).

Due to the community-wide interest in the NomCom review, we are reaching out to all SO/AC, SG/C leaders, informing them of the FAIIP’s publication. Please, share this information with your respective community at your earliest convenience.

Following standards organizational review procedures, we currently expect the Board to resolve on next steps, including implementation, during ICANN64. Subject to that timeline, detailed implementation planning is likely to start in April 2019, with the first steps being the creation of an implementation team and the drafting of a detailed implementation plan, followed by the implementation proper.

Please, do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions or concerns.

Best wishes
Lars Hoffmann- on behalf of Tom Barrett and Cheryl Langdon-Orr

Cc: ALAC, ASO, ccNSO, GAC, GNSO, RSSAC, SSAC, RrSG, RySG, CSG, NCSG, ISPCP, BC, IPC, NCUC, NPOC