[council] Last Call -- Draft GNSO Response to ICANN Board on EPDP

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Thu Jan 10 13:45:23 UTC 2019

Hi Ayden,

Thanks for your reply. I share your concerns and expect the Council will need to get involved later this month if/when it becomes apparent the EPDP WG will not meet the projected timeline. To that end, we all need to be working with our respective SGs and Cs to prepare for a “Plan B” discussion during our F2F in Los Angeles. In the interest of time, those conversations should be happening now, and over the next two weeks, so our Council-level discussion is appropriately informed by SG/C views. We will need to act expeditiously and won’t be able to wait until the late-February Council meeting if a course-correction or temporary alternative path is necessary.

Regards,

Keith