[council] GNSO Council Review of ICANN 65 GAC Communique

Darcy Southwell darcy.southwell at endurance.com
Wed Jul 17 19:32:33 UTC 2019

I support Paul’s position and language here.

From: council <council-bounces at gnso.icann.org> on behalf of "Drazek, Keith via council" <council at gnso.icann.org>
Date: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 12:20 PM
To: "McGrady, Paul D." <PMcGrady at taftlaw.com>
Cc: "council at gnso.icann.org" <council at gnso.icann.org>
Subject: Re: [council] GNSO Council Review of ICANN 65 GAC Communique

This makes sense to me.

Thanks,

Keith

On Jul 17, 2019, at 8:06 PM, McGrady, Paul D. <PMcGrady at taftlaw.com> wrote:

Thanks Julf.  That is exactly what I am trying to do by suggesting the language I did which addresses the process.  GAC has asked for an explanation from the Board and we are saying "hey Board, please do that", nothing more.  Referring back to our Abu D. position could be mistakenly taken as us tell the Board they made the wrong decision and we want them to rewind the clock.

Can I have substantive comments on my proposed language?  For ease it is to delete the language you proposed and replace it with “As this Advice from the GAC is merely a request for the Board to  explain its actions, the GNSO Council sees little harm in the Board doing so.”

Thanks!

Best,

Paul