[council] Draft GNSO Council Letter to ICANN Board on EPDP Phase 1 Recommendations

Marie Pattullo marie.pattullo at aim.be
Thu Jul 18 20:53:06 UTC 2019

Hi Keith,

Thanks for sharing the draft. I'm afraid I haven't been able to discuss this much with our members yet (sorry) but on an initial reading, the BC does have some concerns.

On your first point, on rec 1, while the first sentence is great, we have problems with the second. As you know from the comments we attached to Janis' letter, we really need to give the EPDP Team a clear instruction to reword this and replace the placeholder language; I understand that it's not on the Team's roadmap right now. We really think that at a minimum, Council needs to tell the Team to do that and get it back ASAP for Board action. We all agree that the EPDP should deal with this, so we really do need a purpose 2 (for 3rd party access) for the Board to adopt.

As for your 2nd para, on rec 12, we don't agree that it should just be resubmitted as is. As you know, the BC really does think that as far as the ORG field goes, Rec 12 should be amended to remove the deletion option. There could always be an option of to allow the contracted parties to update any inaccuracies in the ORG field, as appropriate, if they need that.

Looking forward to the discussion!

Thanks

Marie