[council] IRP IoT and IRP Standing Panel -- Please Review

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Wed Jun 12 22:48:53 UTC 2019

Hello GNSO Stakeholder Group and Constituency Chairs,

I hope this note finds you well as we rapidly approach ICANN 65.

In Marrakech, one of the topics we are likely to discuss and hear about from the ICANN Board is the work of the Independent Review Process (IRP) Implementation Oversight Team (IoT) and the need for the community to focus on the appointment of an IRP Standing Panel.

Two distinct items will require GNSO and SG/C consideration: The first is a need to repopulate the current IoT, which began with about 25 members several years ago, but has dwindled in active participation. Second, the ICANN community will be required to contribute to the discussions around the appointment of members to a Standing Panel.  This is a critical bylaw obligation and must be made a GNSO priority during the second half of 2019.

Please include this topic in your agenda planning for Marrakech and for future SG/C meetings, so the GNSO Council can be well-informed of your respective views.

Regards,

Keith