[council] Update: Optional Meeting with GAC on IGO CRP

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Mon Jun 24 07:49:50 UTC 2019

Hi all,

This is a quick update on Tuesday's 13:30 meeting between interested members of the GNSO Council and GAC on the IGO CRP topic. Thanks to those of you who have volunteered to attend and contribute to this optional session.

As you've seen, the ICANN Board sent a letter to both groups indicating they will soon be posting Recommendations 1-4 for public comment. In the meantime, the Council will continue to explore next steps for re-chartering the RPM PDP WG to include a dedicated sub-group to consider Recommendation 5 and the IGO protections issue.

As part of this effort, as scheduled, we will meet with interested parties from the GAC on Tuesday. I spoke with Manal yesterday and we agreed that the session would be most productive if it was informal and focused on how best to ensure the dedicated sub-team is scoped appropriately. Anyone is welcome to attend and observe this session, but we do not plan to record it and hope an informal dialogue at this time will help to inform our work.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like to participate as a contributor to the discussion. We will of course report out on the conversation.

Thanks,

Keith