[council] ICANN's Legislative/Regulatory Tracker -- Recommended Improvements

Martin Pablo Silva Valent mpsilvavalent at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 10:52:15 UTC 2019

Just to follow up on Tatiana’s intervention today, I also think this is 100% ICANN org work, daily for operational reasons. As Council we can help to find the proper channels of information, but I think ICANN Org is in a far better position to say how to set up regular update system of relevant legislative and judiciary (legal?) norms to the DNS ecosystem of each country.

Community can help to fund the best legal firms, NGOs or Government official, so staff can interact with and have an automated or quick way to monitor the legal risks that could impact our work. Not leaving this to ICANN org has the risk of becoming irrational, inefficient and yet another power struggle with GAC, when it should be a very data driven oriented work, where in the best scenario we can all review, analyze and even provide further input, but the base is there and general big thing won’t sneak up on us.

Best,

Martin Silva Valent

mpsilvavalent at gmail.com

Partner | Silva.legal
martin at silva.legal

Director | Dat.as
martin.silva at dat.as

Skype ID: mpsilvavalent
Tel: +5491164993943
Libertador 5990, Off. 406
Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Este email, incluyendo adjuntos, podría contener información  confidencial protegida por ley y es para uso exclusivo de su destinatario. Si  Ud. no es el destinatario, se le advierte que cualquier uso, difusión, copia o  retención de este email o su contenido está estrictamente prohibido.  Si Ud.  recibió este email por error, por favor avise inmediatamente al remitente por  teléfono o email y borre el mismo de su computadora. / This  e-mail, including any attachments, may contain information that is protected by  law as privileged and confidential, and is transmitted for the sole use of the  intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby  notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the  information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this  e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or reply  e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail from your computer system.