[council] Blog Regarding Operational Improvements to the RSEP Process

Steve Chan steve.chan at icann.org
Wed May 1 00:11:05 UTC 2019

Dear Councilors,

On behalf of Russ Weinstein and the Global Domains Division, please find the note below regarding a blog they just published regarding operational improvements to the Registry Services Evaluation Policy (RSEP) process.

Best,

Steve

To the GNSO Council,

We wanted to reach out to let you know that today we’ve published a blog post (https://www.icann.org/news/blog/coming-soon-operational-improvements-to-the-rsep-process)  informing the ICANN community about upcoming operational improvements to the RSEP process. At the GDD Summit in 2016, registry operators raised concerns about the lack of predictability and duration of the process. Since then, we’ve worked with a discussion group from the RySG to better understand the challenges and to collaborate to identify a handful of ways to improve efficiency and predictability in the process without impacting the Policy. We encourage you to read the blog post for additional details and we look forward to launching these changes in the next couple of months.

Regards,

Russ Weinstein

Sr. Director, Registry and Registrar Services & Engagement

ICANN

Steven Chan

Policy Director, GNSO Support

ICANN

12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300

Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536

Mobile: +1.310.339.4410

Office Telephone: +1.310.301.5800

Office Fax: +1.310.823.8649

Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages.

Follow @GNSO on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ICANN_GNSO

Follow the GNSO on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/icanngnso/

http://gnso.icann.org/en/