[council] FW: FOR REVIEW/DISCUSSION: Working Draft of RPM Charter Amendments

Marie Pattullo marie.pattullo at aim.be
Tue May 14 14:41:37 UTC 2019

All,

I’ve read through the attached with interest: first and most obvious comment – many thanks to Mary & Steve for their work, as ever!

I haven’t yet had chance to run thus via the BC; will do, but am conscious of time so some quick initial thoughts before Thursday’s meeting:

·         Very happy with the limited & expert membership criteria, given the subject matter.

·         Don’t know if we need 22 members though? I absolutely DO NOT want to come across as limiting / unbalancing anything, I’m just conscious that from various discussions I have the impression this is more of a concern to the NCPH than the CPH. So maybe 3 NCSG, 3 CSG, 3 CPH? + 2 IGOs + 2 SOAC (out of interest – who except the GAC?) + Chair = 14 (+ Julf)? If I’m wrong here re the CPH, I apologise unreservedly and shall circumnavigate any building of Keith & Pam’s choosing in full sackcloth & ashes.

·         Timing: think it would help to clarify whether work is supposed to start now (implied in section 4), or only once Phase II starts (implied in section 3). May be a good idea to check with the RPM co-chairs & Paul as to reality on bandwidth/interaction with the whole WG.

·         Objectives/Scope/Problem Statement: given the history (and complexity) I think it would helpful to have a more detailed baseline that firms up the concerns expressed by WG and also by the INGOs, the GAC and the so-called Small Group, with the background documents (legal advice, GAC communiqués etc.) listed/available so that we’re not coming at this from 14 (or 22) different starting points.

Hope this helps; as said, personal views only so please feel free to shoot the messenger.

Best

Marie