[council] ICANN 65 -- Updated Block Schedule with HIT/CC Sessions

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Fri May 24 15:56:33 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Just a quick note to alert you to the updated ICANN 65 block schedule with the final HIT/CC sessions.

The link is here: https://meetings.icann.org/sites/default/files/65-blockschedule_v3.1.pdf

The four HIT sessions are as follows:

1.      DNS over HTTPS (DoH)
2.      Impact of GDPR and EPDP Phase 1 Recommendation on Existing Policies & Procedures
3.      Evolution of the Multi-Stakeholder Model
4.      Policy Around Universal Acceptance and Next Steps

The GNSO is the lead coordinator on #2 above, for the obvious reasons. I proposed this session as a consolidated session to capture the proposals submitted by various groups concerning impacts of GDPR and to address Recommendation 27 from the EPDP Phase 1 report that calls for this review. We will need to coordinate with ICANN Org and the Phase 1 IRT on this project, and the HIT/CC session should provide a baseline for discussion and also give the community an opportunity to weigh in with their views.

As I noted separately, we were able to reduce the overall number of HIT/CC sessions from 7 to 4 and narrowed the list of proposals down from 12. This was needed in light of the already tight schedule for a Policy Forum.

Regards,

Keith