[council] ICANN66 Board-Constituency Sessions: suggested Board actions regarding readiness to implement the three critical plans that will shape ICANN’s future

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Sun Nov 3 17:54:10 UTC 2019

Dear Councilors,

Please find attached the slides that Cherine is speaking to at your joint meeting with the Board today. These slides have also been shared with the Chairs of GNSO’s Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies.

As a reminder, this was the topic proposed for the meeting:

“Community, Board and ICANN org readiness to implement the following three critical plans that will shape ICANN’s future. : (1) Strategic Plan FY 21-25, (2) Operating & Financial Plan FY 21-25, and (3) Work Plan to improve the effectiveness of ICANN’s multistakeholder model.”

The Strategic Plan [icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_en_system_files_files_strategic-2Dplan-2D2021-2D2025-2D24jun19-2Den.pdf&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DJ69mAe-idEhpAMF1nu2x6c2w3xl7xb5cjS_7sB4h6Y&m=TjyU6uwKps67EwTvcywBGNRBe2M4WqWAvqeNmrXQe9k&s=HcjPCpz9CoTuOjJwG60uIpUz8ZMIXkqOomMXQppkAkw&e=> has been adopted by the Board last June at ICANN 65 in Marrakech.  The two other plans will be completed and posted for public comment in December 2019.

At ICANN 64 in Kobe, the Board asked each constituency to provide three suggestions, one for the Board, one for ICANN org and one for the Community of things/aspects that should be done/improved in order to implement  these plans successfully, starting 1 July 2020, as mandated by our Bylaws.  In addition, the Board asked for one suggestion of something that could be done externally to improve trust and with our partners and alliances (eg. IETF) so that they collaborate effectively with ICANN on some of our strategic objectives (eg. DNS security).

Based on the input received in Kobe, we are compiling a list of suggested actions for the community, Board and ICANN org which we would like to share and discuss with you in Montreal.  We will send you that list in advance of our meeting in Montreal on or before 11 October 2019.

Cheers
Mary