[council] Action Items: GNSO Council sessions ICANN66
nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Thu Nov 14 09:34:56 UTC 2019
Please find the action items, as stated during the meeting, below arising from the GNSO Council sessions held in Montréal during ICANN66.
Please take note of the action items coming out of the Council meeting and the proposed timing for delivering on these actions.
Please ensure your wiki logins are up to date as all Action Items have been assigned to councilors and/or staff and posted on the Action Item wiki page here<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_RgZlAg&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=3-hGIGNPG_MVccHXahT9lk8qFDbuDuo_wwbRzKZZQGg&s=do3fZzjIln0Jwcx8qKogeUnOo6PFhu4TNs9Q0S7YzIs&e=>. If you are logged into the wiki when you go to that page, your name will be highlighted alongside the action item assigned to you. Please refer to this page for the recent status updates on the Action items.
Please note that actions for all councilors are highlighted below. The action item with upcoming deadlines is also indicated.
ACTION ITEMS FROM THE GNSO COUNCIL SESSIONS ICANN66
Update from Bylaws DT
* Council leadership to consider and decide whether to schedule a meeting for ICANN67 to go over some of the new processes and templates in detail with the GNSO community. To discuss during SPS January 2020.
ACTION ITEMS FROM THE JOINT MEETING WITH THE ccNSO
* Council leadership to support coordination between SubPro leadership and ccNSO to discuss string similarity.
ACTION ITEMS FROM THE GNSO COUNCIL MEETING 6 NOV 2019, SESSION 1
Item 3: Consent Agenda
Reconfirmation of Julf Helsingius as GNSO Council Liaison to the Governmental Advisory Committee
* Council leadership to inform the GAC leadership team of Julf’s appointment.
Approval of the amended IANA Naming Function Service Level Agreement (SLA) regarding Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) tables and Label Generation Rulesets (LGRs) in the IDN Practices Repository
* GNSO Chair will work on a joint communication with the ccNSO Council to inform the CSC that the SLA change request: new SLA for publication of LGRs has been approved and should now be implemented.
Approval of Tomslin Samme-Nlar to serve as the GNSO Co-Chair for the IANA Naming Function Review.
* ICANN staff to inform the IANA Naming Function Review of the appointment of the GNSO co-chair.
Item 4: COUNCIL VOTE – Approval and adoption of the Drafting Team’s New Templates and Guidelines for the GNSO as a Decision Participant in the Empowered Community (EC)
* ICANN staff to post the guidelines and motion templates on the GNSO’s website effective immediately upon adoption, after the technical update has been completed.
* ICANN staff to add a new item on the project list to track that after an action of the GNSO as a Decisional Participant has been completed, the GNSO Council shall review the respective guidelines and motion templates relating to that action, or on an annual basis if no action is initiated for all guidelines and motions.
Item 5: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – Discussion on the Addendum to the Review of All Rights Protection Mechanisms in All gTLDs Charter to Integrate Recommendation 5 From IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms Final Report
* ICANN staff to circulate a call of volunteers to see if additional members want to join the small team.
* Council & small team to review edits from the GAC by the end of November 2019 and to provide a final Addendum for a vote on the December 2019 Council meeting.
* Staff to schedule small team call
Item 6: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - ICANN Board Response to the GNSO Council Letter Regarding the Consultation on Non-Adopted EPDP Phase 1 Parts of Recommendations (purpose 2 and recommendation #12)
* Council leadership to draft proposed implementation guidance, which can follow the guidance related to the administrative contact.
Item 8: ANY OTHER BUSINESS (5 minutes)
* 8.1 - GNSO Approval Action on Fundamental Bylaws Amendment re IANA Naming Function Review Composition - Notification that vote will be needed within 21 days.
* ICANN Staff to provide required notice of the impending email vote and subsequently, to conduct the email vote starting on the 25 November 2019.
* GNSO Chair send results to the EC Admin no later than the 28 November 2019
* GNSO Secretariat to circulate results to SG and C chairs.
ACTION ITEMS FROM THE GNSO COUNCIL MEETING 6 NOV 2019, SESSION 2
Item 2. Election of the Chair
* GNSO Secretariat to notify ICANN Board and SG/Cs of Chair election results within 2 business days following each election and runoff ballot, whether successful or unsuccessful (As per article 2.2.g of the GNSO Operating Procedures)
* GNSO Secretariat to publish election results on GNSO Website
3.2 - GNSO Chair to serve as the interim GNSO Representative to the Empowered Community Administration
* GNSO Secretariat to notify John Jeffrey of interim GNSO Representative to the EC
* Review of ICANN66 - Any changes that should be considered for ICANN67?
· ICANN staff to seek to avoid Council, finance meeting, and SOPC overlap for the ICANN67 meeting and beyond.
· Council leads to circulate potential plenary session topics to Council list for input prior to 4 December 2019.
* Small Teams
· SubPro/ccNSO coordination on string similarity (Jeff and CLO/Giovanni)
· GNSO Council review of the GAC Communique and response to the Board
o Council volunteers to review GAC Communique and prepare response to the ICANN Board (Volunteers: Julf, Michele, Tatiana, Tom).
· SCBO - call for volunteers
o Councilors to work with their respective SG/Cs to confirm membership by 15 November 2019
· SSC - reminder about appointments (timing is 3 weeks after ICANN66)
o Councilors to work with their respective SG/Cs to complete appointments by 29 November 2019
· RPMs Charter Addendum for IGO CRP Rec 5
o ICANN staff to send call for volunteers to Council list (Volunteers: Martin, John)
o Small team to review suggested GAC revisions and prepare draft for Council review.
* Heads up - ABR requests due 31 Jan 2020
· Councilors to consider whether existing ABRs continue to make sense to consider whether additional ABRs should be submitted.
· Staff to add to 19 December GNSO Council meeting agenda
* Heads up - Upcoming email vote on the GNSO Approval Action on Fundamental Bylaws Amendment re IANA Naming Function Review Composition. When can the 7 day notice period be initiated?
* Reminder - Book SPS travel
· SPS sessions discussion
o Council leadership to consider if remote participation is possible for perhaps a couple of sessions
* Confirm GNSO Council dinner ICANN67 Sunday 8 March 2020 (will be added to calendars)
· ICANN staff to send meeting invitation for ICANN67 informal dinner to Councilors
Manager, Operations Support (GNSO)
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: nathalie.peregrine at icann.org <nathalie.peregrine at icann.org%20>
Find out more about the GNSO by visiting: https://learn.icann.org/ <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__learn.icann.org_&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=jLNFXvpu9gNdUeHi-G6sjWNCF9w4_AwhzzUDFZy2elE&s=o7Auz997kA-HPv9PHJCjFVZw7Pgo8krw4MxfqCwBrIU&e=>
Follow @GNSO on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ICANN_GNSO <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_ICANN-5FGNSO&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=jLNFXvpu9gNdUeHi-G6sjWNCF9w4_AwhzzUDFZy2elE&s=kWw4fQPNjw2lVKy1UjTxS2F0BmjEAzaDFWNmsYywbmE&e=>
Transcripts and recordings of GNSO Working Group and Council events are located on the GNSO Master Calendar <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group-2Dactivities_calendar&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=jLNFXvpu9gNdUeHi-G6sjWNCF9w4_AwhzzUDFZy2elE&s=-L6chFfv0OperrXHHpTF722WnH3FZIutn4cS16IvpOg&e=>
See All SO and AC events on the ICANN Global calendar [features.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__features.icann.org_calendar&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=I3O50xrv8tTaSRWaDsqPBg_ZEpkLFNCuLbe9K3uxSps&s=OpiSzD_bYYt1RmzzMyc3lsKjG0SOwSqI2X5DaJBVA_M&e=>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council