[council] Motion to Re-Appoint GNSO Council Liaison to the GAC
nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Sun Oct 27 19:26:28 UTC 2019
Thank you for your email.
The motion has been posted on the GNSO Council wiki space here<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Motions+06+November+2019>.
From: council <council-bounces at gnso.icann.org> on behalf of "council at gnso.icann.org" <council at gnso.icann.org>
Reply-To: "kdrazek at verisign.com" <kdrazek at verisign.com>
Date: Sunday, October 27, 2019 at 5:40 PM
To: "council at gnso.icann.org" <council at gnso.icann.org>
Cc: "gnso-secs at icann.org" <gnso-secs at icann.org>
Subject: [council] Motion to Re-Appoint GNSO Council Liaison to the GAC
I am pleased to submit this motion to re-appoint Julf to the position of GNSO Council Liaison to the GAC.
Motion: Reappointment of GNSO Council Liaison to the Governmental
1. As part of the discussions within ICANN between the GNSO and GAC on how to
facilitate early engagement of the GAC in GNSO policy development activities,
the option of appointing a GNSO liaison to the GAC was initially piloted in FY15
and F16, and subsequently confirmed by the GNSO Council as a permanent role
at the start of FY17.
1. The GNSO Council appointed Julf Helsingius to the role of GNSO Liaison to the
Governmental Advisory Committee on 24 October 2018, until the end of the
ICANN AGM 2019.
1. The GNSO Council has an obligation to review the role annually and reconfirm
the appointment unless the review indicates otherwise and/or the Liaison has
indicated that he/she is no longer available to continue in this role, in which case
a new selection process will take place.
1. The GNSO Council leadership has met with Julf Helsingius to discuss his
experience and to confirm that he is willing to continue in this role.
1. The GNSO Council has reviewed the annual report prepared by the GNSO Liaison
to the GAC (see
1. The GNSO Council hereby reappoints Julf Helsingius to the role of GNSO Liaison
to the Governmental Advisory Committee until the end of the ICANN AGM 2020.
1. The GNSO Council leadership team will inform the GAC leadership team
accordingly, and will co-ordinate with Julf Helsingius as well as the GAC
leadership team and GAC Secretariat on next steps and the continued successful
implementation of this role
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council