[council] Update: PDP 3.0 and Council Comments on the MSM Evolution Effort

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Thu Sep 12 18:43:02 UTC 2019

Hi all,

In preparation for our next Council call on 19 September, I'm providing a brief update here on next steps for developing Council comments on the MSM Evolution effort.

As you know, there were two webinars this week hosted by Brian Cute providing the community an update on his work, and a public comment period has been opened. The deadline for those comments is 28 October 2019.  Here's the link: https://www.icann.org/public-comments/multistakeholder-model-next-steps-2019-08-27-en

Given that the GNSO Council's PDP 3.0 work and the MSM Evolution effort have some potential overlap and commonality, the Council leadership team believes it's appropriate for our PDP 3.0 small group to take the lead on drafting Council's MSM Evolution comments.  If anyone else would like to join the effort, you are welcome to do so, but it will be led by Rafik and Pam under PDP 3.0 small team coordination.  Of course, any comments developed will be subject to full Council review.

Best,

Keith