[council] FINAL COMMENT REMINDER: Council Response to ICANN Board on CCT-RT Referred Recommendations

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Wed Sep 25 13:44:12 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Just a friendly reminder that we’re wrapping up the Council’s response to the Board on the CCT-RT recommendations that were referred to us. Any final comments are due tomorrow, 26 September. We will send the response on Friday.



From: council <council-bounces at gnso.icann.org> On Behalf Of Andrea Glandon
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:22 PM
To: Council at gnso.icann.org
Cc: 'gnso-secs at icann.org' <gnso-secs at icann.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [council] Action Items: GNSO Council meeting 19 September 2019

Dear Councilors,

Please find the action items, as stated during the meeting, from the GNSO Council call held on 19 September 2019.

Please ensure your wiki logins are up to date as all Action Items have been assigned to councilors and/or staff and posted on the Action Item wiki page here<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_RgZlAg&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=3-hGIGNPG_MVccHXahT9lk8qFDbuDuo_wwbRzKZZQGg&s=do3fZzjIln0Jwcx8qKogeUnOo6PFhu4TNs9Q0S7YzIs&e=>. If you are logged into the wiki when you go to that page, your name will be highlighted alongside the action item assigned to you. Please refer to this page for the recent status updates on the Action items.

Please note that actions for all councilors are highlighted below.


Item 2. Opening Remarks / Review of Projects & Action Items List

Action Items:

*       None

Item 3: Consent Agenda

Action items:

*       None

Item 4: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – ICANN Board referrals of CCT-RT recommendations to GNSO Council and GNSO PDP WGs

Action items:

*       Councilors to review and send comments, if applicable, by 26 September 2019.
*       Council leadership to subsequently draft cover letter and send response to the ICANN Board, shortly thereafter.

Item 5: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – Discussion of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Policy Status Report and Council next steps

Action items:

*       Council to convene a small focused drafting team (e.g., like the IDN Scoping Team) to review several items, including at least the review of the ICANN Policy Status Report, considering the possibility of policy development mechanisms, and the form of authorization (FOA) issues.
*       ICANN Staff to circulate call for volunteers to form small drafting team.

Item 6: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – Draft Amendments to the Review of All Rights Protection Mechanisms in All gTLDs Charter to Integrate Recommendation 5 From IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms Final Report

Action items:

*       Small team to address Councilors’ feedback (e.g., language about new recommendations superseding recommendations 1-4, ensuring technical expertise is available, and team composition) and deliver a revised draft by 27 September for Council review. After Council approval, send to the GAC/IGOs for their review.

Item 7: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – ICANN Org’s Request for Clarification on Data Accuracy and Phase-2 of the Expedited Policy Development Process (EPDP) on the Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data

Action items:

*       Councilors to provide input by 7 October 2019. Small team to address Councilors’ feedback and complete revised draft for Council review and approval for sending to ICANN org.

Item 8: COUNCIL DISCUSSION -  EPDP P1 Recommendation 27: ICANN Org’s Assessment of Impact From GDPR on Existing Policies / Procedures

Action items:

*       None

Item 9 - PDP 3.0 Small Group Update/Discussion

Action items:

*       PDP 3.0 team to consider how input from outside the GNSO can be solicited.

Item 10: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - Draft Response to the Verisign Request to Defer Enforcement of the Thick WHOIS Transition Policy

Action items:

*       Council leadership to send letter to ICANN Board.

Item 11: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - Draft Response to Questions on the Independent Review Process Oversight Team (IRP-IOT)

Action items:

*       Councilors to provide input by 30 September 2019. Small team to address Councilors feedback, if applicable, and complete revised draft for sending to ICANN org.


12.1 - Draft GNSO Council letter<https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/gnso-council-to-icann-board-13sep19-en.pdf> to the ICANN Board regarding potential dependencies between the Name Collisions Analysis Project (NCAP) and New gTLD Subsequent Procedures.

Action items:

*       Council leadership to send letter to ICANN Board.

12.2 - Approval of the 2019 slate of Members and Liaisons on the Customer Standing Committee (CSC) - possible email vote

Action items:

*       None

NEW: 12.3 - Invitation to Provide Feedback on the ICANN Board’s Proposed Public Interest Framework

Action items:

*       Council to convene a small drafting team to formulate a response to the public comment period.
*       ICANN Staff to circulate call for volunteers to form small drafting team.

Andrea Glandon

GNSO SO/AC Support

Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)

Email:  andrea.glandon at icann.org<mailto:andrea.glandon at icann.org>

Skype ID:  acglandon76

Find out more about the GNSO by visiting: https://learn.icann.org/

Follow @GNSO on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ICANN_GNSO [twitter.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_ICANN-5FGNSO&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=jLNFXvpu9gNdUeHi-G6sjWNCF9w4_AwhzzUDFZy2elE&s=kWw4fQPNjw2lVKy1UjTxS2F0BmjEAzaDFWNmsYywbmE&e=>

Transcripts and recordings of GNSO Working Group and Council events are located on the GNSO Master Calendar [gnso.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group-2Dactivities_calendar&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=jLNFXvpu9gNdUeHi-G6sjWNCF9w4_AwhzzUDFZy2elE&s=-L6chFfv0OperrXHHpTF722WnH3FZIutn4cS16IvpOg&e=>

See All SO and AC events on the ICANN Global Calendar [features.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__features.icann.org_calendar&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=jLNFXvpu9gNdUeHi-G6sjWNCF9w4_AwhzzUDFZy2elE&s=JIuCi8FdVCOcC7bOAMWYU065PkC8Q_asOphTPPe8jeQ&e=>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20190925/e6291be8/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: ATT00001.txt
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20190925/e6291be8/ATT00001-0001.txt>

More information about the council mailing list