[council] Request for extension on Preliminary Issues Report for Transfer Policy Review

Caitlin Tubergen caitlin.tubergen at icann.org
Mon Aug 10 15:39:53 UTC 2020

Dear Councilors:

This message is to let you know that Support Staff is requesting an extension to deliver the Preliminary Issues Report on the Transfer Policy. As you may be aware, Staff is to deliver the Preliminary Issues Report within 45 days of, et. al., a properly-supported motion from the GNSO Council. We are diligently working on the Preliminary Issues Report, but in order to allow additional time for comprehensive research on all issues identified and the necessary cross-functional review within ICANN org, we would like to request an extension to deliver the report by 10 October 2020. We will be striving to deliver the report in advance of this date.

We have reached out to Pam, the originator of the motion<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Motions+24+June+2020>, pursuant to Section 5 of the GNSO PDP Manual, which provides: “[i]n the event the Staff Manager determines that more time is necessary to create the Preliminary Issue Report, the Staff Manager may request an extension of time for completion of the Preliminary Issue Report, which request should be discussed with the Requestor.”

Pam has noted her support for the extension request, but we are including the request on the consent agenda for formal acknowledgement, assuming there are no objections from the Council.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Caitlin
--