[council] Motion for PDP 3.0 Implementation Final Report

John McElwaine john.mcelwaine at nelsonmullins.com
Wed Feb 19 02:52:09 UTC 2020

Rafik and Pam,

In reading over the motion, I have one small amendment that I would like to propose.

Whereas No. 10 states, “The last remaining work product related, the Consensus Playbook, is originated from PDP 3.0 Improvement #4 and not complete. However, the Consensus Playbook is not strictly a PDP 3.0 product, as it is intended to be utilized by the broader ICANN community beyond the GNSO. Its pending status should not prevent the GNSO Council adoption of the Implementation Final Report from the PDP 3.0 Small Team.”  I see from the Final Report that the Consensus Playbook is still being worked upon and is not yet delivered.  From reviewing the ABR and the Proposed Improvements Paper, I believe that the intention was to have the Consensus Playbook approved by the GNSO Council.

If you agree, I  would propose the following as an amendment to Whereas Clause No. 10 (additions):

10. The last remaining work product related, the Consensus Playbook, is originated from PDP 3.0 Improvement #4 and not complete. While, the Consensus Playbook is not strictly a PDP 3.0 product, as it is intended to be utilized by the broader ICANN community beyond the GNSO, its pending status should not prevent the GNSO Council adoption of the Implementation Final Report from the PDP 3.0 Small Team.  Adoption of the Consensus Playbook as part of GNSO policy will be voted upon by the GNSO Council at a later date.

Thank you for considering this or similar language.

John