[council] WS2 Implementation Assessment Report

Tom Dale tomwdale at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 21:51:17 UTC 2020

Hi Keith.

I note this is on the agenda for the 24 June Council meeting, as Item 7.

I think the discussion would need to take into account the fact that there
are now (at least) three streams of work proposing possible changes to
ICANN governance structures and procedures:
(1) Implementation of WS2 Recommendations.
(2) The ICANN paper Enhancing The Effectiveness of ICANN's Multistakeholder
Model - Next Steps. Out for Public Comment.
(3) The Final report of the ATRT3 Review Team. Out for Public Comment.

You could argue that there is a fourth stream, namely ICANN's proposals for
a staged return to F2F Meetings (I have separately provided some comments
on that).

The most recent work is the ATRT3 Report, which explicitly touches on the
first two in several respects, notably establishment of a community-led
priority setting mechanism.

Just something to keep in mind if we are discussing "known unknowns" and
their impact on Council/GNSO/community workload.

Cheers

Tom