[council] Proposal for framework of next steps for EPDP

Maxim Alzoba m.alzoba at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 04:33:01 UTC 2020

Thanks, Rafik

RySG would prefer Option 2
(it will allow for sustainable community efforts and it does not mean these issues should not appear in the Phase II Final Report).

As we understand:
1. Legal v natural - This matter has already been subject to a recommendation in Phase 1 that confirmed the Temp Spec.
2. Feasibility of anonymized/unique contacts - Legal advice received and subsequent discussions of the EPDP team relating to this, did indicate that anonymized contacts would continue to be considered a publication of PII.
3. Accuracy - The legal memos requested and received by the EPDP team have concluded that Accuracy (insofar as it relates to the GDPR and data privacy expectations) is deemed sufficient.

The Items mentioned in the letter were discussed in full, not reaching consensus does not mean that the items were not properly worked on.

P.s: nothing prevents creation of community policy efforts devoted to those items as normal GNSO PDPs.

Sincerely Yours,

Maxim Alzoba
Special projects manager,
International Relations Department,