[council] Seeking guidance for EPDP

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 23:32:16 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I am sending a request from EPDP team chair asking guidance from GNSO
council regarding WHOIS accuracy. There was disagreement within the EPDP
team if the topic is within scope or not. So we would like to get from
council guidance regarding its expectations on WHOIS accuracy issue in
phase 2 and if the EPDP team is expected to deliberate on it or not asap,
taking into account the GNSO council and ICANN org ongoing correspondence
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/marby-to-drazek-05dec19-en.pdf>
on the matter.

The EPDP team chair asked that GNSO council can provide guidance by Friday
13th march so that the EPDP team will have time to receive further guidance
from the external legal council (if applicable). The time constraint can be
also explained  that EPDP team is currently deliberating priority 2 topics
during the initial report public comment period.

Best Regards,

Rafik