[council] Action Items: GNSO Council meeting 19 November 2020

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Mon Nov 23 21:10:16 UTC 2020

Dear Councilors,

Please find the action items, as stated during the meeting, below arising from the GNSO Council meeting held on Thursday, 24 November 2020. Please refer to the Action Item page<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Action+Items> for updates on item completion progress.

Please take note of the action items coming out of the Council meeting and the proposed timing for delivering on these actions.

Please ensure your wiki logins are up to date as all Action Items have been assigned to councilors and/or staff and posted on the Action Item wiki page here<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Action+Items>. If you are logged into the wiki when you go to that page, your name will be highlighted alongside the action item assigned to you. Please refer to this page for the recent status updates on the Action items.

Please note that actions for all councilors are highlighted below.

Item 3: Consent Agenda

Action Items:

  *   GNSO Support staff to send GDS a formal communciation regarding the approve delay for the request for the Policy Status Report (PSR) for the Expired Domain Deletion Policy and the Expired Registration Recovery Policy. For clarity, delay should be considered to mean that while the Council recognizes the importance of the PSR for these consensus policies, they do not need to be at the top of the queue.
  *   GNSO Secretariat to communicate the following decision to the ICANN Secretary: Philippe Fouquart will represent the GNSO as the Decisional Participant on the Empowered Community Administration until the end of his term at ICANN72.

Item 7: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - Upcoming Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO3) Review

Action Item:

  *   GNSO Council leadership to discuss with leaders of the GNSO SGs and Cs regarding potentially delaying the upcoming GNSO3 Review until the ATRT3 recommendations are implemented.
If such a view is agreed by SGs and Cs' leaders, GNSO Council to communicate this view to the ICANN Board in a timely manner; GNSO support staff to assist in conveying such a message.

Item 8:  COUNCIL DISCUSSION - Continued Discussion on the Draft Motion to Affirm Intent of EPDP Phase 1 Recommendation 7 and Initiation of the Thick WHOIS Transition Policy EPDP

Action Item:

  *   GNSO Support Staff to launch another call for volunteers for the small team related to expediting the Thick WHOIS review as envisaged by the EPDP Phase 1 recommendation 27, noting that there is limited work left for the small team before it concludes its work prior to the December 2020 Council meeting. GNSO Support Staff to note that Olga Cavalli has volunteered to join the small team.

9.1 - Update from the small team reviewing the Operational Design Phase concept paper https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/policy/2020/presentation/ODP-GNSO%20Briefing%2019%20Nov%202020.pdf

Action Item:

  *   Kurt Pritz to send the ODP presentation slides to the GNSO Council list asap; Councilors to provide comments by the SPS Wrap Up session on Tuesday, 24 November at 18:30 UTC.

Thank you!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20201123/6b3ad1df/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the council mailing list