[council] Statements on EPDP Phase 2

Marie Pattullo marie.pattullo at aim.be
Thu Sep 24 13:08:48 UTC 2020

Many thanks, Michele. The BC’s statement is:

While extending our sincere thanks to all involved for the work to date, as noted in our joint minority statement with the IPC, the EPDP Phase 2 Final Report fails to deliver a System for Standardized Access that meets the needs of its users. Accordingly, the Business Constituency must dissent.

Again as noted in our joint minority statement, the BC is a staunch supporter of the ICANN bottom-up, consensus-driven multistakeholder model, as shown by our good faith, active participation in this EPDP. Phase 2 of the EPDP was chartered to create a standardized system, with twin goals of protecting registrants’ personal data and providing users with consistent, timely and predictable access to registrant data when users have a need to process this data lawfully for their legitimate purposes.

Because the Phase 2 Final Report fails to do so, we must vote against that part of the Motion pertaining to the SSAD.

We refer Council to the joint minority statement from the BC and IPC for the full rationale.