[council] SSAD ODP liaison report - August 2021

Marie Pattullo - AIM marie.pattullo at aim.be
Fri Aug 20 18:28:27 UTC 2021

Thanks, Philippe, and thanks Janis for the report.

May I please ask for some clarification on behalf of the BC re this part of 14:3: “In particular, those potential SSAD requestors who are not part of the ICANN community must have the opportunity to comment and interact with the IRT. This input should help inform the IRT deliberations on this topic”.

Do we have any practical suggestions about how non-community members could interact with the IRT? We all know how much time and effort any IRT demands of its members - and of course IRTs are populated by all stakeholders. I’d have thought that by default, anyone who knows that there is such a thing, and how to engage with it, would be within the ICANN community. Who are they aiming to attract, and – concretely - how? Is the IRT really the best place for non-community participation?

Best to both,

Marie