[council] GNSO liaison to the GAC - Proposed updates

philippe.fouquart at orange.com philippe.fouquart at orange.com
Wed Aug 25 10:27:15 UTC 2021

Dear Councilors,

As you may recall, Council leadership took as an action item to develop proposed language to further clarify the role and expectations in relation to the GNSO Council Liaison to the GAC from the perspective of the Council. Based on the input received during the different discussions, you will find attached our proposed updates.

As a reminder, the original document describing the role and responsibilities of the GNSO Liaison to the GAC was developed by the GAC-GNSO Consultation Group many years ago  (2014) and used to launch the first call for applications to fill the role of GNSO Liaison to the GAC. Throughout the years, several updates were made, for example, to reflect that the SSC has been assigned the responsibility to review the applications, the change from F2F to virtual meetings and the requirement to provide an annual report to the Council. These updates and some further proposed updates have also been reflected in the form of redline changes in the attached. However, we would like to request you to focus your attention on the changes highlighted in yellow, which, per the Council's discussion, aim to further clarify the Council's expectations with regard to the Liaison's responsibility and interaction with the Council. Leadership has also suggested some updates to the renewal section to bring it more in line with other appointments.

As this does not affect the Liaison's responsibilities towards the GAC, we don't anticipate a formal consultation with the GAC is necessary about these changes, but as part of ongoing conversations with the GAC leadership, we will update our GAC counterpart accordingly.

Please share any feedback or suggestions you may have via the mailing list by 5 September  2021. Hopefully we can resolve and address any comments or suggestions you may have online so that we can formally accept this updated version at one of our September Council meeting.

Best regards,

Philippe

Thank you.