[council] Motion SubPro WG Final Report

Novoa, Osvaldo onovoa at Antel.com.uy
Mon Feb 8 18:45:08 UTC 2021

Hello Philippe,
I support the proposal.
Best regards,
Osvaldo

Ing. Osvaldo Novoa
Sub Gerente General
Relaciones Internacionales
Antel
Guatemala 1075, Nivel 22
Montevideo, Uruguay
www.antel.com.uy

Tel.: +598 2928 6400
Fax: +598 2928 6411

De: council [mailto:council-bounces at gnso.icann.org] En nombre de philippe.fouquart at orange.com
Enviado el: lunes, 08 de febrero de 2021 03:38 p.m.
Para: GNSO Council List
Asunto: Re: [council] Motion SubPro WG Final Report

Dear Councilors,

Having discussed this within the leadership, and with the WG chairs and the liaison, you would have noted that we approached this motion for the SubPro final report in the most straightforward and simple way, both in terms of timing and framing:

-          the SubPro motion is up for a vote at the next Council call; and

-          it’s all-in-one package - with the phrasing that Flip described, depending on the degree of consensus reached.

Given the importance of the work of SuPro for the Community, we pondered over the need for another discussion item at the next Council call and wanted offer all opportunities for Council to discuss this as much as necessary. On the other hand we did want to take into account the feedback we have received so far and not overstretch our exchanges unnecessarily.

Our appreciation of the feedback/questions/concerns expressed during both our discussion item at the last council call and the SubPro final report webinar lead us to believe that having the above was the best approach.

If this assessment is inaccurate and if some councillors/SG-Cs consider that our January discussion item and the webinar do not suffice for them to be fully informed on the motion prior to our vote, it is your time to say so.

Flip remains available for assistance if need be for any clarification, but again we want to make sure everyone’s duly informed and comfortable when the time of voting comes.

Thanks,
Regards,
Philippe