[council] FW: [CORRESPONDENCE] Maarten Botterman to Philippe Fouquart - EPDP on the Temp Spec for gTLD Registration Data Phase 2

philippe.fouquart at orange.com philippe.fouquart at orange.com
Fri Feb 19 15:29:17 UTC 2021

Dear Councillors,

Please note the attached response on our EPDP phase 2 letter to the board in advance of our call next week.

This is mostly relative to how we approach the discussion, but I’ll quote the part that deals with the remit of this ODP.

The Board also would like to remind the Council that the purpose of the ODP is to assess the operational impact of the SSAD-related policy recommendations on ICANN org and to inform the Board of these impacts prior to the Board's consideration of the policy recommendations. The ODP is not intended to determine whether the concept of the SSAD accounts for the cost and effort required to implement the proposed system. We believe this specific question has been addressed by the Council in approving the recommendations and forwarding them to the Board.

Best regards,
Philippe