[council] Motions from Standing Selection Committee for January 2021 GNSO Council Meeting

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 01:50:33 UTC 2021

Hi Olga:
The poll results reported Farrel Folly as the favoured candidate by
majority.

However, at least one member remarked all candidates were unsuitable for
the role. That member was not on the call.

All SSC members on the call agreed Farrel was indeed selected by the
majority. However it was agreed that a "last call" for consensus be
extended via email and the member given an opportunity - until 23.59 UTC
today - to clarify his position. In the meanwhile we would submit a
placeholder motion to meet motion deadline.

I can now safely say having myself not seen any new comments, Farrel's name
will be read into the record as the selectee.

The recordings and the email with the notes and action items from the SSC
call will give the details.

Best
Carlton