[council] Action Items: GNSO Council meeting 21 January 2021
nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Mon Jan 25 21:24:18 UTC 2021
Please find the action items, as stated during the meeting, below arising from the GNSO Council meeting held on Thursday, 21 January 2021. Please refer to the Action Item page<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Action+Items> for updates on item completion progress.
Please take note of the action items coming out of the Council meeting and the proposed timing for delivering on these actions.
Please ensure your wiki logins are up to date as all Action Items have been assigned to councilors and/or staff and posted on the Action Item wiki page here<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Action+Items>. If you are logged into the wiki when you go to that page, your name will be highlighted alongside the action item assigned to you. Please refer to this page for the recent status updates on the Action items.
Please note that actions for all councilors are highlighted below.
Item 1: Administrative Matters
* GNSO Secretariat to check whether Kristian Ormen’s and Maxim Alzoba’s SOIs reflect the update that they provided during the Council meeting [COMPLETED]
Item 3: Consent Agenda
* GNSO Secretariat to inform: 1) the CSC about Milton Mueller’s appointment as the GNSO Non-Registry Liaison; 2) the ICANN Fellowship Program about Farell Folly’s appointment as the GNSO appointed mentor for three consecutive ICANN meetings, beginning with ICANN72; and 3) the Community Representatives Group about Heather Forrest’s appointment as the GNSO Representative [COMPLETED]
Item 4: COUNCIL VOTE - Affirm Intent of EPDP Phase 1 Recommendation 7 (25 minutes)
* Sebastien Ducos to communicate the GNSO Council input to the Registration Data Policy Implementation Review Team per the resolved clauses of the motion<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Motions+21+January+2021> regarding the EPDP Phase 1 Rec 7. [OPEN]
* GNSO Council leadership to communicate the GNSO Council input to the ICANN Board of Directors per the resolved clauses of the motion<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Motions+21+January+2021> regarding the EPDP Phase 1 Rec 7.
Item 5: COUNCIL VOTE - Final Report and Recommendations From the Review of All Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) in All gTLDs PDP WG
* GNSO Staff to inform the RPM PDP WG on the GNSO Council approval of all its thirty-five (35) Phase 1 Final Recommendations as documented in the PDP WG’s Final Report. [COMPLETED]
* GNSO Staff to prepare the Recommendations Report for the RPM Phase 1 Final Report for voting at the Council meeting in February 2021. [IN PROGESS]
Item 8: ANY OTHER BUSINESS
8.1 - GNSO Standing Committee for Continuous Improvement - objections to expanding upon the high-level outline and developing a more detailed draft proposal?
8.2 - GNSO Council feedback on the updated Operational Design Phase concept paper - objections to draft Council feedback (if input is available)
8.3 - GNSO Council Additional Budget Requests (none received)
8.4 - Update on the ICANN Meetings strategy
8.5 - Update on the IGO Work Track kickoff
8.6 - Small team proposed input to the ICANN Board regarding the SSAD consultation
8.7 - GNSO liaison between the IDN Policy Track / EPDP and the ccPDP4 (Dennis Tan)
* GNSO Staff to send an informal Council communication to the ICANN org on the updated Operational Design Phase concept paper, including concerns expressed by some Councilors. [COMPLETED]
* Council members to provide input by end of day tomorrow (22-Jan-2021) at the latest on the Proposed Messaging to the ICANN Board in relation to the SSAD Consultation. GNSO Staff to send the proposed messaging to the ICANN Board by EOD 22-Jan-2021. [COMPLETED]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council