[council] Potential Communication Error for ePDP IDN Working Group

Jeff Neuman jeff at jjnsolutions.com
Fri Jun 4 16:59:13 UTC 2021

All,

I was crafting a note to send to the GAC about participation in the IDN ePDP when I noticed that the calls for participation (and the Charter itself) is very confusing. The Working Group is supposed to be a Hybrid Model Working Group (NOT representative) open to anyone.  The only limitation was that there was expected to a certain number of "Members" that could be called on for Consensus Calls.  But there could be a potentially unlimited number of "Participants".

The message sent out to the Cs/SGs/SOs/ACs while technically correct in asking for up to 3 Members, does not state anywhere that the leaders should let their groups know that anyone can participate as a Participant (which would not be considered in the up to 3 category).  It would be great if we could let send a modified message out to the leaders reminding them that the Working Group is open to anyone that wants to participate.

Sincerely,

Jeff

[cid:image001.png at 01D75940.AC8ADE40]
Jeffrey J. Neuman