[council] FW: PPSAI and T&T action items

Caitlin Tubergen caitlin.tubergen at icann.org
Sat Jun 12 17:15:11 UTC 2021

Dear Councilors,

During the extraordinary meeting on 8 April 2021<https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/policy/2021/minutes/minutes-gnso-council-08apr-21-en.pdf>, the Council discussed the EPDP Phase 1, Recommendation 27 Wave 1.5 Report<https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/draft-epdp-phase-1-rec-27-rdp-impacts-23feb21-en.pdf>, which covers two policy implementations currently paused: the Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Issues (PPSAI) Implementation Review Team and the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information (T&T) Implementation Review Team. In order to inform its decision on the next steps and conditions for restarting these Implementation Review Teams, the Council asked ICANN org to provide more information on the estimated level of effort, from an ICANN org perspective, for completing the work of the PPSAI IRT and the T&T IRT. Additionally, the Council requested ICANN org to reach out to the PPSAI and T&T IRT members to gauge their interest and availability for reconvening and completing the work of the IRT.

Please find the response from the GDS Team below.

Best regards,

Caitlin