[council] Follow up on CCT-RT Recommendations Exchange with the GAC

Jeff Neuman jeff at jjnsolutions.com
Wed Jun 16 10:02:30 UTC 2021

Dear Councilors,

Thank you for your participation in the GAC / GNSO Session this morning.  I am sure we will discuss the value of these exchanges and how to make them more productive during the session later today.

In the meantime, there has been further discussion within the GAC on ensuring that the CCT-RT recommendations are addressed by the GNSO.  I have reiterated the point raised by Tatiana in this morning's session that the recommendations have actually been address (except those on DNS Abuse being addressed separately).  To that end, I raised the possibility with the GAC of a more detailed briefing with the GNSO on exactly how those recommendations have actually been addressed (which is different as Tatiana said than "adopted").  The GAC seemed very interested in such a briefing and in the value of hearing from us.

Would the GNSO Council be interested in conducting such an intercessional briefing if the GAC agrees as well?  There will likely be advice on this in the communique, so it may be good to get out ahead of the issue as opposed to letting it fester at the Board level.

If this is of interest, I can work with the GAC point of contact and ICANN support staff to set up such a meeting.

Sincerely,

Jeff

[cid:image001.png at 01D76275.30ABCC60]
Jeffrey J. Neuman