[council] GNSO Council resolutions 16 June 2021
nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Wed Jun 16 16:56:54 UTC 2021
Please find below the resolution from the GNSO Council meeting on Wednesday 16 June 2021 which will be posted shortly on the GNSO resolutions<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_council_resolutions_2020&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=ZSgASD1EuH-U7lIp4Tv5rZ7qbpaQd30Zx7zYM0-pUk0&s=fX9ASCG1j6_lmUZBaZPCSK8a5HGDv7G_X0ZM7ChsG_k&e=> page.
Motion to initiate the GNSO Framework for Continuous Improvement Pilot Project
Submitted by Tatiana Tropina
Seconded by Kurt Pritz
1. Council leadership started conversations with the GNSO Council and GNSO community, via Stakeholder Group and Constituency Chairs, on how to address several items on the Council’s Action Decision Radar (ADR) 0-1 month timeframe dealing with process and procedural improvements such as Accountability Work Stream 2, Accountability and Transparency Review Team 3 and PDP 3.0.
2. This resulted in a proposed GNSO Framework for Continuous Improvement Oversight and Implementation. Following the circulation of an initial proposal in January 2021, Council leadership solicited feedback via email as well as a dedicated call with SG/C Chairs as well as Council. Taking into account the input received, an updated proposal was circulated to the Council and SG/C Chairs on 26 May 2021 (see https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/2021-May/024730.html).
3. This updated proposal includes a proposed pilot which allows for a more limited roll out of the Framework from which lessons can be drawn and possible updates can be made, should the Council and GNSO community decide that it is worthwhile to continue.
4. The Council and SG/C Chairs reviewed this updated proposal.
1. The GNSO Council initiates the GNSO Framework for Continuous Improvement Pilot as outlined in section 4 of this document<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20210526/8995c911/GNSOFrameworkforContinuousImprovement-clean-updated17May2021-0001.pdf> where step 4 of Section 4 is replaced with the third resolved clause below.
2. The GNSO Council requests the GNSO Secretariat to circulate the call for volunteers to form the Council Committee for Overseeing and Implementing Continuous Improvement.
3. Once formed, the GNSO Council expects regular updates from the Chair of the Council Committee to the Council as well as SG/Cs in relation to progress made.
4. Once the pilot completes, the Council, in close collaboration with SG/Cs as well as the Council Committee and Pilot Task Force, will review the functioning of the Framework and decide whether to continue with the other assignments as outlined in the updated proposal (see section 3<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20210526/8995c911/GNSOFrameworkforContinuousImprovement-clean-updated17May2021-0001.pdf>), make modifications to the framework and continue with the other assignments, or, identify another path through which the assignments identified are to be addressed.
5. For the time being, the items that are expected to be addressed as part of the Framework (inlc. WS2, Policy & Implementation, PDP 3.0, Empowered Community, ATRT3, GNSO Review) will be moved to a section in the ADR with no timeframe associated with them as the timing will be determined as a result of the pilot. However, this does not prevent the Council from determining if one or more of these items need to be addressed in a different manner before the pilot concludes, for example, as a result of external factors or changes in the dependencies that were identified (see section 5<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20210526/8995c911/GNSOFrameworkforContinuousImprovement-clean-updated17May2021-0001.pdf>).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council