[council] Action Items: GNSO Council meeting 16 June 2021

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Wed Jun 23 16:09:17 UTC 2021

Dear Councilors,

Please find the action items, as stated during the meeting, below arising from the GNSO Council meeting held on Wednesday 16 June 2021. Please refer to the Action Item page<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Action+Items> for updates on item completion progress.

Please take note of the action items coming out of the Council meeting and the proposed timing for delivering on these actions.

Please ensure your wiki logins are up to date as all Action Items have been assigned to councilors and/or staff and posted on the Action Item wiki page here<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Action+Items>. If you are logged into the wiki when you go to that page, your name will be highlighted alongside the action item assigned to you. Please refer to this page for the recent status updates on the Action items.

Please note that actions for all councilors are highlighted below.

Item 4: COUNCIL VOTE - Initiation of the GNSO Framework for Continuous Improvement Pilot Project

Action Items:

  *   The GNSO Secretariat to circulate the call for volunteers to form the Council Committee for Overseeing and Implementing Continuous Improvement.
  *   The Chair of the Council Committee to provide regular updates to the Council as well as SG/Cs in relation to progress made.
  *   Once the pilot completes, the Council, in close collaboration with SG/Cs as well as the Council Committee and Pilot Task Force, to review the functioning of the Framework and decide whether to continue with the other assignments as outlined in the updated proposal (see section 3), make modifications to the framework and continue with the other assignments, or, identify another path through which the assignments identified are to be addressed.
  *   Staff to move the items that are expected to be addressed as part of the Framework to a section in the ADR with no timeframe associated with them as the timing will be determined as a result of the pilot.
  *   Staff to update this document<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20210526/8995c911/GNSOFrameworkforContinuousImprovement-clean-updated17May2021-0001.pdf> to reflect the change required in resolved clause 1 of the motion.

Item 5: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - Potential Next Steps for the Internationalized Domain Names (IDN) Operational Track

Action Items:

  *   The RySG to provide further information to Council regarding the differences between the work, deliverables, resource, composition of the Operational Track and the IDN EPDP.
  *   The GNSO Council to defer the work of the IDN Guidelines v4.0 Operational Track.
  *   The GNSO Council to advise the Board that the Council will defer the work of the IDN Guidelines v4.0 Operational Track and recommend that the Board continue deferring the adoption of the IDN Guidelines 4.0 until the issues overlapping with the IDN EPDP can be fully deliberated and resolved by the IDN EPDP.

Item 6: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - Accuracy Scoping Team

Action Item: Staff to include the Accuracy Scoping Team as a topic on the agenda for the 22 July 2021 GNSO Council meeting.

Item 7: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - Interactions With the GAC

Action Item: The GNSO Council to continue discussion on the issue of its interactions with the GAC.

Item 9: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - EPDP Phase 1 Rec 27 (Wave 1.5)

Action Item: Council leadership, with help from staff support team, to develop proposed response to ICANN org in relation to restarting PPSAI in line with Council's feedback during the wrap up session.


10.1 - Review of topics to discuss with the ICANN Board

Action Item: The GNSO Council Chair to post the suggested topics to the GNSO Council mailing list for review.

Thank you!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20210623/bfb644e2/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the council mailing list