[council] Motion: Approval of the Charter for the Working Group to Conduct a Policy Development Process to Review the Transfer Policy

PAMELALITTLE pam.little at alibaba-inc.com
Fri Mar 12 23:19:50 UTC 2021

Dear GNSO Council colleagues,
On behalf of the Council small team (Olga, Carlton, Greg and myself), please find a final version of the Charter for the Working Group to Conduct a Policy Development Process to Review the Transfer Policy (" Charter").
We thank the GNSO Council Liaison to the GAC and Council members who provided input regarding the composition of this PDP Working Group. We have considered all the input received and revised previously proposed composition as follows (see page 16 of the Charter):
"Membership Structure

The membership structure of this PDP is based on a representative model taking into account the unique characteristics of this Working Group, including, expertise and technical knowledge of the Transfer Policy, interest in the topic and impact of PDP outcome. However, the composition of this Working Group should not serve as a precedent for the composition of future PDP Working Groups, in particular with respect to the number of members representing each SO/AC/SG/C.
*Note that some groups may choose not to appoint any members to the WG. The table below indicates the maximum number of members and alternates that groups may appoint.

Group
Members
Alternates

RrSG
10
10

RySG
3
3

IPC
2
2

BC
2
2

ISPCP
2
2

NCSG
2
2

GAC
2
2

ALAC
2
2

SSAC
2
2

RSSAC
2
2

ccNSO
2
2

ASO
2
2"
I now submit the attached motion for the Approval of the Charter to be considered at the GNSO Council meeting on March 24, 2021 at 17:30 UTC.

Respectfully submitted,

Pam Little