[council] Agenda of our next Council meeting of 24 March 2021 - ODP liaison

Pam Little pam.little at alibaba-inc.com
Mon Mar 22 22:12:11 UTC 2021

Dear Flip,

Thank you for the proposed amendments to the draft Recommendations Report on the SubPro PDP Final Report.

I note one of the proposed amendments is to substitute current Annex B (Summary of Outputs) with the the SubPro PDP Final Report. Could you please clarify whether and how you propose to change the current language in Annex B:

"Annex B: Final Outputs
In order to provide a complete record for reference, the following summary includes all Outputs from the PDP Working Group’s Final Report, including those Outputs that the GNSO Council did not approve. For clarity, Outputs that were not approved (23.1, 35.2, and 35.4) are printed in red text and marked “This output was not approved by the GNSO Council.”

I am seeking your clarification as the current language seems to be consistent with Whereas Clause #13 of the motion that Council voted on:

"13. The GNSO Council notes that Topic 23: Closed Generics was identified as an Output category of No Agreement, which did achieve Full Consensus. However, the GNSO Council believes No Agreement is functionally equivalent to the designation of Divergence as detailed in the GNSO Working Group Guidelines, meaning that the Working Group was unable to reach consensus in recommending an alternate course of action. The GNSO Council further notes that especially as it relates to Topic 23: Closed Generics, there were diverging interpretations within the Working Group of what constitutes the "status quo"."

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Pam