[council] Fwd: ICANN70 GAC Communique.pdf

Jeff Neuman jeff at jjnsolutions.com
Mon Mar 29 12:16:22 UTC 2021

Dear Councilors,

Please find enclosed the ICANN70 GAC Communique.  This is the first communique in over a year that has GAC Consensus Advice.  It also includes follow up on previous GAC Advice.  The Advice centers around ePDP Phase 2 and follows up on advice regarding SubPro and IGOs.

I would also like to remind the Council of several statements from the ICANN Board at ICANN70 acknowledging that the non-consensus advice is also deemed important by the Board and that they hold intersessional meetings to discuss even the things not designated as GAC Advice.  Therefore, we may as a Council, want to consider responding to those items as well (even though we have not done so in the past).

I would like to ask for some volunteers that want to assist me on drafting the first response to the Communique.  Once that small team is finished with the draft, we can then circulate to the full Council.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Founder & CEO
JJN Solutions, LLC