[council] Fwd: ICANN70 GAC Communique.pdf

Jeff Neuman jeff at jjnsolutions.com
Tue Mar 30 13:05:57 UTC 2021

Thanks Steve, this is great.  I will note that Tom Dale has expressed an interest in helping out and I hope others volunteer as well especially those familiar with ePDP Phase 2.

Steve is correct that in the past the Council has only responded to GAC Advice, but given the Board statements of how important the non-advice is, and how they hold intersessional meetings with the GAC on that non-advice, we may want  to respond to the other items.   But this is totally up to the Council.

I propose that we craft responses to the non-advice for Council review and if the Council does not want to include those responses, that’s fine.  If it does want to include them, then we will have them ready to go.  My hope is that we have this drafted by the time of the document deadline for the next regular Council meeting (not the Extraordinary one next week, but the Regular April one).

Thanks all.

[cid:image001.png at 01D72543.E5720390]
Jeffrey J. Neuman
Founder & CEO