[council] Proposed Task Force Assignment Sheet- Review of the GNSO’s SOI requirements

Olga Cavalli olgacavalli at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 14:28:30 UTC 2021

Dear Councilors,

I trust this email finds you well.

On behalf of the Council Committee for Overseeing and Implementing
Continuous Improvement (CCOICI), I am pleased to share with you the
proposed Task Force Assignment Sheet related to the review of the GNSO’s
Statement of Interest (SOI) requirements (see attached).

In short, the Task Force is expected to review the existing Statement of
Interest (SOI) requirements (see chapter 6 of the GNSO Operating Procedures
<https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/op-procedures-24oct19-en.pdf>)
on the basis of the questions and guidance outlined in the Assignment Sheet
 and make recommendations to the CCOICI on what changes, if any, should be
made to the existing SOI requirements, instructions and/or template. As
part of this process, the Task Force is expected to solicit input from the
ICANN community on the current use and experience with SOIs as well as
suggestions for possible improvements at an early stage of the process.

As outlined in the framework document, the Council will have oversight of
the assignments made by the Council Committee and we are hereby sharing the
Task Force Assignment Sheet for your non-objection.

Should you have any concerns or questions, please let us know *by Friday 15
October* at the latest. If no objections are raised, we’ll work with the
staff support team to reach out to each SG/C to appoint members so that the
Task Force can be formed and start its work.

Best regards and have a nice weekend!

On behalf of the CCOICI,

Olga Cavalli, Chair