[council] FW: EPDP Phase 2A Final Report

philippe.fouquart at orange.com philippe.fouquart at orange.com
Fri Sep 3 16:26:17 UTC 2021

Dear Councilors,

Please see Keith's email and submission or the EPDP P2A final report for consideration by Council.

With our discussion and vote in mind, I can only encourage to consider Keith's characterisation of the consensus building process for this work and the chair's statement of the report. This telling of not only of the difficulty of the task that was achieved but as Keith notes, of the fact that the result is undoubtedly the best that could be achieved given the various positions and the degrees of liberty that the various parties had. You will note that all procedural mechanisms were used in the consensus characterisation to make room for the nuances that will be reflected in the minority statements, the deadline for which is September 10th.

We are extremely grateful to Keith, the WG members and ICANN staff for their hard work and unfailing commitment, the report being in and of itself already a milestone, but the first of our major PDPs to deliver without a single face to face meeting, that is no small feat!

Best regards,
Philippe